Talk about lice in head and some sort of creepy feeling starts. According to studies conducted in America it is said that more than 10 million children get effected with head lice and we all know getting rid of them is a troublesome task. Head lice is normally caused by a six legged insect known as Pediculus humanus capitis and it lives on Human head.
Woah!! just talk about it and we already feel insane.
Wondering if you have those Head lice on not? – Check out the symptoms of Head Lice.
– Itching in the Scalp: Are you getting that unwanted, troublesome itchiness. The most common symptom of having head lice is itchiness in the head, which is generally uncontrollable. Chances are initially when you get infected you do not notice any sign, but post six weeks of getting infected itching starts.
– Tickling Feeling: If you are sitting or lying down and suddenly you feel something slowly crawling in your head. You must check out for head lice. They not only cause itchiness in the scalp, but also a sensation of something tickling on the scalp. If this is happening to a child, chances are the child or the person who is infected with lice in the head, will get irritated and will also have difficulty sleeping.
– Check for “Nits” : Nits is the name given to the eggs of the head lice. If you have a sensation of ticking and itchiness. Than the first and foremost thing to do is to check out for these not so pretty white eggs, normally found in clusters, stuck to your hair, towards the root.
How to check if a person has lice: That’s no rocket science. It’s a very simple process all you need to do is:
– Make the hair wet, once you make the hair wet, the head lice movement slows down
– Make small small partitions in the wet hair.
– Than take a bright light and shine it on the scalp
– These notorious , brown head lice will be easily visible. Or you will even see small white things stuck to the hair which sort of shine.
– These insects are of a size of a sesame seed.
Checked for all these Head Lice Symptoms?
And the answer is you have them, worry not, here we will see some simple home remedies to get rid of these creepy creatures. No hazardous products, just simple remedies, right out of our kitchen. These remedies are not only chemical free but they certainly are effective and easy on the children, delicate skin and eyes.
Here are top 5 very fast ways to get rid of lice Naturally. Easy Home remedies, that are so Simple that you will love them.
Yes!! salt so easily available in our kitchen can be an effective way to eradicate head lice . For this remedy you will need
– One quarter cup of vinegar
– One quarter cup of salt.
– Mix both the things together.
How to use:
Now slowly and gently apply this mixture to your hair, so that the hair becomes slightly wet.
Then put a shower cap and let it stay for 2 hours.
After 2 hours you can wash and condition your hair as usual. This treatment can be used every 3 to 4 days. Until all lice have disappeared.
The reason why we use garlic is because it smell so strongly that it generally suffocates the lice. For this remedy you will have to grind around 8 to 10 cloves of garlic and then add 2 to 3 spoons of lemon juice to it.
How to use: Apply this mix of lemon and garlic on your scalp and let it sit for at least 40 minutes. Than you can wash your hair with your regular shampoo using warm water. this simple remedy can be followed once or twice a month.
Onion contains sulphur content which is very effective for killing hair lice. For this remedy you will need – a 4 to 5 regular size onion, chop them and put them into a grinder to make a nice smooth paste.- than use a sieve to take out all the onion juice from the pulp.
How to use:
– Use that onion juice to massage your scalp, than let it sit for at least 2 hours. You can where a shower cap to avoid it from dripping.
– Later you can wash your head regularly with a shampoo and use a hair dryer. You will be glad to know that lice cannot tolerate the heat of the hair dryer.
– You can do this remedy for 2 days initially and then later do it once a month for 3 months to remove lice fully.
Neem oil is a great natural insecticide and is a safe and effective option to get rid of lice.
How to use: For using this treatment you can either buy a shampoo that contains neem oil or you can add 4 to 5 tea spoon of neem oil to your regular shampoo and use it.
I have seen my grandmother using coconut for oil with little camphor in it. this is also a great way to avoid lice from entering the hair, in first place.
How to use: For this remedy all you need to do is take little camphor crush it and add it to your coconut oil. Apply that coconut oil genteelly to your scalp and then let it stay overnight. In the morning you can wash it with regular shampoo. Use this remedy weekly.
Some Tips to Keep in Mind when dealing with head lice:
– Use clean comb. If you know that someone in the house is infected, better to clean the comb regularly, probably weekly
– Try not to share any of the belongings of the person who is infected. Specially pillows, comb and brushes.
– Maintain hair hygiene, by regularly washing your head and keeping it healthy.
– For children specially, it is easier to bring lice home is easier. So make sure to comb their hair with a nit comb weekly. Explain to them to keep their heads and hair away with each other is a good way to avoid such nasty creatures from entering our head.
– This point is very important, if you are see red rashes on the scalp or uncontrollable itchiness on the scalp even after using these simple remedies. It is best advised to seek medical help
Now take a deep breath and do not panic. Use these simple remedies to get rid of head lice and see if they work. If you have some Home remedy which worked for you, I would love to hear from you and add some more useful information to this article. Please comment and let me know your suggestions and Ideas. I am all ears and listening.
Recommended Home Remedies & Health Tips for You: